This blog has moved! Please visit the new Knot By Gran'ma website and follow my blog with Bloglovin or sign up for the newsletter.

Jan 11, 2012

Adding to the Army

I am finally getting back into a nice groove. It's so nice that I started playing around with designs, monsters and even had an epiphany.



Chapstick or lip balm holders or cozies have been something I have made since high school... a long time ago. They started as floss tubes with 2 long braids that you could tie to things. They morphed into nicer floss tubes with button flaps, real key rings, and did well at craft shows. I'm not letting go of that version just yet. I am adding this monster version to them though. They are crocheted out of acrylic/wool yarns, still have a button flap and key rings. Now they also have the added fun of a monster eye. The idea just came to me as I was cleaning up my disaster of a yarn room. Thank you, epiphany.
I came up with this guy yesterday, while listening to my Ella Fitzgerald station on Pandora. Dr. Destructo was napping and all was swell in the KBG household. He's just another version of a mini monster... just with hair. I love making hair like this, and now I have more reason to. This particular guy reminds me of a pineapple, but I think it has more to do with the color choices than the fruit. Maybe I just want pineapple.

mini monster of the hairy kind
These are both available at the shop. (Did you know you can now pin stuff directly from Etsy? It's pretty cool.)



Subscribe to the Newsletter!
(Newsletter includes news and promotions...)


Follow Me on Pinterest 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Please share your thoughts with me. I love reading them!

AddThis